In honor of the World Cup coming up this Thursday, I thought I’d make a travel piece on where the game will be held at — Brazil! The country is no stranger to vibrant colors. It’s well-known for the annual Carnival held in Rio de Janeiro. Here are a couple hot spots in Brazil!
1. Rio Carnival - There are carnival celebrations in virtually every corner of Brazil. The biggest and most famous carnival is the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. The Rio Carnival attracts two million people per day on the streets and almost half a million foreigners during its 4 day celebration.
2. Christ the Redeemer – the famous statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro. Located at the peak of the 2,300 ft Corcovado mountain.
3. Ouro Preto - One of Brazil’s best-preserved colonial towns.
4. Fernando de Noronha - a beautiful archipelago with pristine beaches, landscapes and wildlife, situated 354 km (220 miles) off the northeastern coast in Brazil.
5. Salvador Beaches - a vibrant musical scene and loads of exceptional beaches all around.