So I love cooking, the problem is I just never have the patience or belief in myself to pull off a delicious dish. So, I bit the bullet, and signed up to Sur La Table’s “1 Pot Dinners” cooking course. I picked that one because it teaches you how to make jambalaya, one of my favorite spicy meals, and also because the name “1 Pot Dinners” implies very little washing up. I loved it! See below for the recipe!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp without tails
- In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.