Mediterranean Hummus Pizza Recipe courtesy of Dishing Up The Dirt…
- 1 ball of homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 1/4-1/2 cup hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the pizza dough onto a prepared baking sheet or pizza stone. (If using a baking sheet drizzle a little oil on the pan to keep the pizza from sticking.)
- Spread hummus evenly over the crust. Top with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olive, red onion, chickpeas, and feta cheese. Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Then increase the heat to 500 degrees and cook an additional 2-3 minutes (this will help get the chickpeas crunchy!) Keep a close eye on the pizza to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with minced parsley, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.