I love this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com for a healthy Spring lunch, and I especially love that it’s gluten-free, low-carb, dairy-free, vegan and egg-free! Click more to see the full recipe…
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 mango, not fully ripe
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- Julienne the mango (cut into strips). Combine with the cabbage, carrots, scallions and toss together in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Let it sit at least 15-20 minutes to let the dressing soak in.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.